Water Quality Testing & Analysis
Water testing and water quality analysis is a key component in maintaining safe water systems; and while compliance with appropriate legislation is achieved through a suite of various water hygiene services, the success of processes and as a result, compliance, can only be verified through testing, analysis and comparison of water samples to known standards.
These standards are defined by the relevant regulatory body in each field, notably the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), the Drinking Water Inspectorate (DWI) and the Environment Agency (EA).
In order to achieve full compliance, HSE ACoP L8 stipulates that water testing and water quality analysis must be carried out by a competent person; at ARA Environmental, all of our water quality analysis is carried out by experts at certified UKAS Laboratories, offering peace of mind and ensuring full traceability.
We carry out analysis of drinking water to the requirements of the Drinking Water Inspectorate (DWI). This involves testing for a very wide range of biological, organic and physical chemistry properties with follow up on any required actions.
Our services enable the control of Legionella and other bacteria, yeasts and moulds in industry, public and private sector environments but particularly in cooling towers and evaporative condensors. We can also test waste for:-
- Ammoniacal nitrogen
- Biochemical oxygen demand (BOD)
- Fats and Greases
Determination of a system’s physical chemistry allows:-
- Correct dosing of corrosion and scale inhibitors in heating and chilled systems
- Real time, automated testing, dosing and control of water quality in cooling towers, swimming pools
- Investigation into source of contamination in environments as diverse as manufacturing processes, lakes and streams
Water Testing Services
In accordance with the Drinking Water Inspectorate (DWI), we offer drinking water analysis for private, commercial and industrial premises. Our advanced water analysis facilities are able to test:
- pH levels
- Total Viable Counts (TVCs), Coliform and E.coli bacteria
- Metals such as iron, copper, lead, zinc and aluminium
- and other contaminants including nitrate, sulphate, chloride and fluoride
How Often Should I Test My Drinking Water?
The frequency at which responsible persons must test drinking water varies greatly depending on the setting and water system in question. For example, healthcare settings and hospitals should carry out drinking water analysis every six months, while private water supplies only require testing once a year.
Speak to one of our water hygiene experts for further information – call ARA Environmental on 01795 591247 today.
Our microbiological testing services enables the control of harmful bacteria found in water systems, to clients across all industries and sectors, but particularly those responsible for cooling towers and evaporative condensers. We test for:
- Legionella bacteria
- Total Viable Counts (TVCs)
For compliance with discharge licences, we also offer wastewater testing for:
- Ammoniacal Nitrogen
- Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD)
- Fats and greases
Water Chemistry Analysis
Our analytical services also cover diverse applications such as determining the source of leaks and compliance with discharge consents. Determination of a system’s physical chemistry allows:
- Accurate dosing of corrosion and scale inhibitors in heating systems and chilling systems.
- Real-time, automated testing, dosing and control of water quality in cooling towers and swimming pools.
- Investigation and Identification of sources of contamination in a range of diverse environments including manufacturing processes, lakes and man-made water systems
We also test:
- Domestic hot & cold water
- Central heating
- Swimming pools
- … and much more!
In addition to our UKAS Accredited Laboratory water analysis services, we also offer comprehensive reporting based on analyses. Our knowledgeable technicians interpret, contextualise and report results in an easy to understand format and provide guidance and recommendations on any additional services required.
Additional services may include:
- Legionella Control Services
- Water tank cleaning & disinfection
- Cooling tower maintenance
- Legionella training
- Water hygiene Training