Classroom Training -
Water Hygiene Training
WATER HYGIENE TRAINING COURSES
It can be daunting, especially for the ‘Responsible Person’, to navigate through the many regulations covering the use of water within commercial/educational/industrial premises. Following our water hygiene training courses, knowledge of the various requirements gives attendees the confidence to access, or even design, the services needed in their particular situation.
Our full suite of water hygiene training courses cover everything you will need (from Legionella awareness, cleaning and disinfection, cooling tower monitoring to pool and spa management) to run an efficient, clean and safe site.
All our trainers continue to work on a variety of sites, carrying out the tasks and programmes they later instruct. In this way the water hygiene training courses are kept current, up-to-date and based on practical first-hand experience.
We provide water hygiene training training courses at your site, at our own dedicated training suite in Faversham and on-line through our website.
Our courses are designed for managers, supervisors, maintenance staff, plant operatives and engineers. On completion the attendees will know the regulatory requirements, what is required to fulfil them and how to remain compliant within regulations set out by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), the Drinking Water Inspectorate (DWI) and Environmental Health Officers.
Special considerations are made for the requirements of BSRIA and the Water Supply Regulations.
All our water hygiene training courses have been developed and are in compliance with the code and service standards of the LCA.
- Legionnaires’ Disease & Legionella bacteria
- Role and responsibilities of the Responsible Person
- Microbiology of Legionella bacteria & conditions for growth
- Plant & water systems at risk
- Legislation (incl. ACoP L8 training)
- Legionella control measures
- Routine monitoring, record keeping & Legionella management tasks
TANK CLEANING AND DISINFECTION OF WATER SYSTEMS
- Cleaning techniques and procedures to comply with L8
- Efficacy testing
- Bacterial sampling and analysis of results
- Documentation and certification
COOLING TOWER MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL
- Principles of corrosion, scale and bacterial control
- Cooling tower control
- Testing and interpretation of results
- Chemical dosing. Treatments to use, set up and monitoring
- Compliance with L8
POOL OPERATOR’S TRAINING
- PWTAG and HSE HSG179 compliance
- Health and safety
- Water chemistry testing and water balance calculations
- General microbiology
- Chemical dosing and chemical handling
- Pool operation
- Pool monitoring
- Legislative responsibilities
All Courses are:
- Certified and complete with comprehensive course notes;
- Tailored to the customers individual requirements.
The water hygiene training courses are comprehensive but can be tailored to suit individual customer’s needs. Please call to discuss your individual requirements.