"I just wanted to express how happy I am with the service that we have received from your staff. They have been so courteous and accommodating and this has been mentioned by all of my team. Please could you pass on my personal thanks to them."
"Working in partnership with Ara for many years, provides me with confidence that we are compliant with L8 as they cover all relevant aspects of the ACoP. I have found them informative, ever cooperative, super flexible and swift in their responses and would add that they are one of our top performing contractors. We will be working with them on air sampling as well as water management to provide another service back to our learners and staff."
"We have worked with ARA Environmental for over a decade. They write the ACOP L8 risk assessments, carry out the monthly temperature monitoring and various associated work including tank cleansing. The directors have always been available to offer advice and answer queries of a technical nature. The staff are personable and reliable. We are routinely required to go to three quotes and ARA have always been competitive."
"The service they provide is second to none and added to their speed of response provides us with a cost effective and compliant service. They are an integral part of my team and I would highly recommend them."
"Thanks for another year of excellent service."
"Always available for informal attention and guidance. I am confident that I can contact Ara Environmental for free and impartial advice."
"Ara Environmental always deliver a prompt, friendly service and have been extremely professional in managing our water treatment requirements. Their staff are always available to resolve any query quickly and are very knowledgeable. I would highly recommend them for any water management needs."
"Ara Environmental has been our Legionella Control contractor since 2011, they have provided us with an extremely professional service, their attention to detail and communications has been first class, it's a pleasure to work with them and I would certainly recommend them to others."
"Major refurbishment work was well planned, executed on time and on budget. Consumate professionals."
Legionella Risk Assessment in Dartford
Legionella control, based on a Legionella risk assessment in Dartford, is the key aspect of the ‘Responsible Persons’ duties regarding the supply of wholesome water and L8 compliance.
There are many elements to a comprehensive Legionellosis risk assessment in Dartford but the following are essential to achieve L8 compliance: –
- Site Identification and Governance
- Executive Summary – Outlining management actions required
- Contact, Responsibilities and Escalation Procedures
- Remedial Actions – Needed to bring the site into compliance
- Ongoing Monitoring Scheme – Actions required to maintain hygiene and restrict bacterial growth
- Plant Identification and Assessment
- Equipment Register
- Schematic Diagram
Following on from Legionella risk assessments in Dartford, L8 compliance is achieved through provision of the services outlined below. As members of the Legionella Control Association, Ara Environmental Ltd offers a complete package of measures designed to ensure these responsibilities are fully met and that the risk of a Legionnaires’ disease outbreak is managed:-
- Legionella risk assessments in Dartford;
- Cleaning and chlorination to the standards in ACOP L8 HSG 274 and PD 855468;
- Legionellosis management – The regulation of all related diseases including Pontiac Fever;
- Bacterial sampling & analysis at a UKAS laboratory;
- Water systems monitoring;
- Pool monitoring
- Chemical Supply;
- Test Equipment Supply;
- Infrastructure Refurbishment;
- Legionnaires’ Disease Training;
- Supply of Site Log Books
There is plenty of legislation concerning environmental hazards from the Management of Health and Safety at Work 1999, through COSHH and RIDDOR. However, these can be vague as to exactly what specific actions should be taken. The one document that sums up the requirements, and is used as the basis for Legionella risk assessments in Dartford, is ‘Legionnaires’ Disease: The control of legionella bacteria in water systems’ – Approved Code of Practice and Guidance L8 (Fourth edition 2013).
- Between 200 and 250 people die in Britain each year from Legionnaires’ disease although it is accepted that this is an under estimate as the symptoms are often mistaken for flu.
- Management measures are generally straightforward and involve repair to the infrastructure and temperature monitoring. In more difficult cases additional governance measures such as low level biocide dosing can be employed.
- Feedback and evaluation, usually through bacterial sampling, enables oversight of the effectiveness of the programme
Peter Richards – Technical Director
Tel: 01795 591247
Fax: +44 (0) 560 153 5597
ARA Environmental Ltd,
Unit 1A, Sidings Close,
Temperature regulation is the most common method of Legionella control but requires regular monitoring.
We provide a full set of remedial and support services to bring water systems up to current standards and then to maintain them in that condition. This includes:-
- Tank removal, replacement, repair or re-lining;
- Fitting of lids, breathers and screens;
- Cleaning of calorifiers;
- Re-plumbing to remove dead or stagnant pipework
WATER SYSTEMS DOSING
Large or difficult to clean systems can be protected by additional biocide dosing. Ara Environmental Ltd install, commissioning and run approved dosing equipment.
E.g. Continuous chlorine dioxide dosing into the potable water supply.